Search

Friday, July 23, 2010

Funny People

funny_people_movie_poster1.jpg

I went to see this movie on Friday night. I walked into the theater at 9:15 p.m., bought my popcorn and drink, parked myself in the best seat left and waited for the movie to start (which was at 9:30 p.m.). Do you want to know what time I got out at? 12:20 a.m.! This movie is just WAY to long! I was nearly pleading with the screen for it to end! And near the end, its not even really a comedy anymore, its more like a SOAP OPERA! Judd Apatow should know how to create a great funny movie, since he directed The 40-year-old Virgin and Knocked Up. Now that I got that off my chest, lets talk about the good things about the movie. First, ADAM SANDLER! I personally never really liked Adam because he was always WAY to obnoxious for the screen. Yet, somehow, he has given one of the best performances of his life! He was extremely funny in this film and was able to keep his composure ALMOST throughout it all. Just an all around great performance. Second, Seth Rogen. Is there a film this guy can’t be funny in? I enjoy watching his films so much, it almost feels like he is that one friend everyone has that just keeps the jokes a-rollin’ the whole night. And last but not least, the all-star cast! Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, Leslie Mann, Eric Bana, Jonah Hill, Aziz Ansari, and also with performances from Ray Romano, Sarah Silverman, and Eminem, just makes you laugh at how funny this movie will be JUST WITH THE CAST! How many movies can do that!?

1 1/2 stars out of 4

No comments:

Post a Comment